Online Driver License Services
For online driver license or ID card renewals, duplicates or to change your address:
- You will need your driver license or ID card number, social security number, and date of birth.
- You will need your most recently issued driver license, ID card or motor vehicle registration.
- You may renew your driver license up to 18 months prior to expiration.
- You may renew your ID card up to 12 months prior to expiration.
- Your existing name, date of birth, sex, and any restrictions must be correct.
- You must have an existing digital image on record.
- You must use a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card.
Note: Some people may not qualify to use online services. (ie. those who do not have a digital image on file, non-U.S. Citizens and CDL holders)
Any questions related to the online renewal options should be directed to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles at (850) 617-2000.
Once a transaction has been processed through the Internet neither this office nor the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles can cancel the transaction.