Our offices will be closed on Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
- HCTC launches MV Express Kiosk at Brandon, Drew Park, North Tampa. Kiosk provides customers an option to renew and print vehicle registration from a stand-alone Kiosk. Future plans include additional kiosks at HCTC branches and off-sit public locations.
- Preliminary development plans for new Plant City Office.
- HCTC begins offering eNotifications for Motor Vehicle renewals.
- Grand opening of state-of-the-art Southshore Office to accommodate growth in southern Hillsborough County.
- Launch of dedicated contact center to better handle incoming phone calls. HCTC significantly improved call center key metrics.
- Development and implementation of TITAN correspondence tracking and process management software.
- Qlik Sense BI Tool Implementation to track key performance metrics and provide leadership with analytical tools for data-driven process and performance improvements.
- Launches improved queueing system in all HCTC branches to provide more efficient customer flow management and data reporting capabilities.
- Deployed Red Falcon High Speed Mail Processing system. Increases efficiency of mail processing and significantly reduces staff overtime during peak transaction season.
- Transition Vehicle for Hire program from Public Transportation Commission. HCTC begins to oversee issuance of necessary licenses, permits, and certificates for Taxis, Limos, and Tow Trucks in Hillsborough County.
- In 2014, HCTC embarked on commitment to eliminate commercial leases by constructing agency owned buildings on government land. To date, more than $1 million dollars each year have been eliminated from the tax collector’s budget. By early 2018, HCTC will have 1 outstanding commercial lease remaining
- Completion of East Tampa Road Testing & Driver License Service Center. Through partnership with DHSMV, offices for the Bureau of Administrative Review and the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Deployed upgraded phone system with enhanced workforce management features. Allowed HCTC to provide additional phone lines for use by the Supervisor of Elections. This eliminated them having to purchase a separate system resulting in significant cost savings.
- Launched Express Lane service allowing customer to renew their registration online and pick up at an office on the same day.
- Doug Belden is presented with the Governor Bob Martinez Good Government Award by the Hillsborough County Republican Party.
- Beginning in 2014, HCTC embarked on commitment to eliminate commercial leases for branch offices by constructing agency owned buildings on government land. To date, more than $1 million dollars each
year have been eliminated from the tax collector’s budget. By the beginning of 2018, HCTC will only have 1 outstanding commercial lease remaining, adding to the total yearly savings.
- HCTC Launches Website optimized for mobile devices.
- Successfully passed legislation protecting consumer’s personal email from being released through public records requests on property tax information.
- Implemented online job application and eSkill testing system to expedite the recruiting process.
- Completed build out of new Drew Park Branch Office.
- Doug Belden, Tax Collector was presented with the Ellsworth G. Simmons Good Government Award by the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners recognizing Mr. Belden’s commitment to excellence in government.
- Tax Collector begins offering Birth Certificate issuance for Florida born residents in branch offices.
- Continued expansion of online payment options.
- Completed a full overhaul of tax collector’s website, www.hillstax.org, to provide enhanced online service opportunities.
- Core system integration through the implementation of Grant Street Group Software.
- Implemented a new online Business Tax and Tourist Development tax online payment process.
- Opened state of the art Tax Collector Office in Brandon.
- Successfully passed comprehensive external IT Security Audit and financial.
- Deployment of Road Testing capabilities at the E. Hillsborough branch office.
- Launched online credit card options for delinquent property tax.
- Implemented a new Performance Management System
- Tax Collector Doug Belden is recognized as the 3rd recipient since 1999 to receive the Matt Langley Bell Award which is given by the Florida Tax Collectors Association to recognize tax collectors that have made significant and long lasting contributions to the association and citizens of Florida.
- Implemented career ladder and improved succession planning process.
- Launched an improved Customer Service Rep. training to reflect specific position aptitudes.
- Established free online e-check payments for Motor Vehicle transactions.
- Appointments added for driver license services in all branch offices
- Opened a new driver license only office at 2814 East Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa.
- Awarded Top Overall Fundraising Organization for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk – Raised $12,165.
- Tax Collector receives the Governor’s Sterling Award for Sustained Performance Excellence
- Tax Collector receives Florida Tax Collector Association’s Excellence in Finance Operations Award.
- Began accepting credit and debit cards in branch offices
- Annual Customer Service training mandated for all employees
- Added driver license services in our Downtown branch (by appointment only)
- North Tampa office adds driver license services and moves from Florida Avenue to a larger facility located at 3011 University Center Drive.
- USF Industrial Engineers engaged to study Tax Collector operations and recommend improvements.
- Awarded Top Overall Fundraising Organization for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk – Raised $13,931.
- Real ID Act for Driver Licenses takes effect January 1.
- Florida legislature passes law mandating Tax Collectors take over all driver license services by 2015. As a result, the Hillsborough County Tax Collector will serve an additional 275,000 in our offices each year.
- Added driver license services in our Plant City branch.
- Federal grant funds solar paneling at Falkenburg facility to increase energy efficiency.
- Expanded E-commerce offerings for property tax payments
- Awarded Top Overall Fundraising Organization for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk – Raised $16,842.
- Deployed Call Center quality monitoring system.
- Added department measures to individual employee performance evaluations to hold employees more accountable for the performance of the organization.
- New and improved knowledge management system for employee procedures and resources.
- Hillsborough County Tax Collector goes green
- Annual Vendor Report Cards deployed to rate the performance of our highest paid, most critical vendors
- Enterprise Resource Planning system deployed.
- Re-designed branch customer comment card to obtain more useful and relevant data.
- Data Center Virtualization to reduce the cost associated with maintain multiple data servers.
- Tax Collector receives the Florida Governor’s Sterling Award – the Top Honor for high- performing businesses in Florida
- Deployed formal surveys for customers paying online
- Sheriff off-duty deputies provide better security of Tax Collector branches and resources.
- Tax Collector receives Governor’s Sterling Quality Achievement Award for Disaster Planning
- Converted to VoIP phone system to improve call center.
- Began accepting tax deed applications online.
- Tax Collector receives Governor’s Sterling Quality Achievement Award for Visionary Leadership
- Second Employee Satisfaction Survey deployed
- First survey of Key Government and Business Customers and Partners deployed.
- Spanish Q-MATIC deployed.
- Motor Vehicle and Tax & License call centers merged
- Launched Spanish web site
- Data equipment moved to “hurricane-proof” bunker.
- Began accepting E-Check payments online
- Adopted the Sterling/Baldrige Management System
- Conversion to wireless network for better communications.
- Outsourced dealership title work to Dealer Tag Agency
- 5-year Strategic Plan adopted
- Improved high-speed processing with RT Lawrence software for faster processing of mail payments.
- Formal Strategic Planning begins
- Community Relations department established to educate the public about the Tax Collector’s office.
- E-commerce begins
- Web site deployed.
- Developed Human Resource formal policy and procedure manual for all employees.
- Focused marketing efforts to promote mail-in renewals at a lower cost to taxpayers.
- Hillsborough County Tax Collector is the first in the state of Florida to deploy Q-MATIC software to improve the flow of customer traffic in branch offices.
- First Employee Satisfaction Survey
- Tuition Reimbursement deployed.