We are currently experiencing extremely high call volume to our Contact Center. Please contact us online by clicking here.
The Downtown office will remain closed at this time. All other offices are open by appointment only. Click here for all office updates.
In accordance with city and county ordinances, customers are required to wear masks (face coverings) when doing business with our office.
Class E - Learner's Driver License
*Driver License Services close at 3:30PM*
A person who holds a Learner’s license must be accompanied by a licensed driver, 21 years of age or older, who occupies the front passenger seat closest to the right of the driver.
Class E - Learner's Exam Requirements
You are required to complete:
To apply for a learners license, you must be at least 15 years old.
- Complete of a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course.
- Parental Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian in the presence of a driver license examiner or notarized if the parent or guardian will not be present.
- REAL ID documents to establish your identity, proof of legal presence, proof of social security number (if issued) and two proofs of residential address.
- Class E Knowledge exam consisting of 50 questions on traffic laws and signs. You must have 40 correct answers to pass (80%).
- Vision test using an eye machine. You must have 20/40 or better in each and both eyes, with or without corrective lenses, to pass.
- Hearing test.
- Drivers with a learner’s license are ineligible for a motorcycle endorsement
- No one under 16 years of age may legally operate or be licensed to operate a two or three wheel motorcycle, moped or motorized scooter with an engine size of 50 cc. on Florida roads, streets or highways.
- Florida residents are required to complete the “Basic Rider Course” 15 hour motorcycle safety course approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Click here for more information.
Drivers under 18 years of age:
- Must have signature of one parent (or guardian) on the parental consent form.
- Must present required documents: Primary identification, Proof of Social Security Number and Proof of Residential Address.
- Must be in compliance with school attendance.