Selecting the Correct Service
You are REQUIRED to Save Your Spot in line when you visit any of our locations.
Please be sure to select the correct type of service. Customers who choose the incorrect service, may be asked to reschedule.
Business Tax Receipt
Most businesses in Hillsborough County are required to pay a business tax. The categories for taxation are often broad and encompass many similar businesses under one heading. Some state statutes or county ordinances may require our office to see proof of compliance before issuing certain types of business tax receipts.
You can apply for the First- time or Renew a concealed weapon license at our North Tampa office. Our office does not process replacement licenses. This service is only provided through the Florida Department of Agriculture.
Disabled Parking Permit
Driver License Road Test
Class E Driving Skills Test in order to obtain a driver’s license. To obtain a driver’s license, customers must have held a learner’s license for a period of one full year (12 months) or must be at least 18 years old.
Road Test services are available to Hillsborough County residents ONLY. You MUST register in advance for a test. Register here.
The examiner will conduct the test from outside of the customer’s vehicle. Communication with the tester will take place via a hands-free cellular device (Bluetooth or speakerphone) between the examiner and the tester. Customers taking the remote driving test must be accompanied by a licensed driver, 21 years or older, sitting in the passenger seat closest to the driver. No other passengers or pets are allowed in the vehicle during the test.
The examiner will have a whistle. Should they blow the whistle during the test, the tester will need to immediately come to a stop and wait for further instructions from the driver license examiner.
Road Testers will need to bring the following for their road test:
- A valid vehicle registration
- Current Florida insurance
- A licensed driver 21 years or older (not a driving school instructor)
- A cell phone device (hands-free, Bluetooth or speakerphone or passenger may hold the phone)
- Required to wear a mask
Driver License Written Test
- Class E Knowledge Exam in order to obtain a learner’s license. To obtain a Learner’s License, customers must be at least 15 years old.
- CDL testing or endorsements.
Driver License HazMat Endorsement
- The written Hazmat exam is required to be taken for all original Hazmat and all renewal Hazmat endorsed license applications.
- Fingerprinting must be done in an office at the same time the application for a Hazmat endorsement is made.
- An application form must be completed at the time of fingerprinting to be sent to TSA. The application is available online.
- An application fee of $91 will be charged to cover costs of the background check process, in addition to the standard driver license issuance fee for the Commercial Driver License and for each endorsement.
- New residents of Florida requesting the Hazmat endorsement be added to their Florida Commercial Driver License must retake the written test AND redo the background check and finger printing regardless of when they processed it previously. Fees for the background check and fingerprinting must also be paid again.
Driver License & ID Card
- Renew, reinstate, replace your Florida driver license or ID Card
- Obtain your Florida driver license or ID card.
- Add a motorcycle endorsement to your Florida driver license after completion of Basic Rider Course.
Please note, if your license has been expired for more than 12 months, you will be required to take a written test. Please register for a written driver license written test.
Florida Birth Certificates
As a partner of the Florida Department of Health’s Bureau of Vital Statistics, Florida-born citizens can get a certified copy of your birth certificate.
Florida Registration Renewal
- Renew an existing Florida registration
- Replace your Florida plate or registration/decal.
- Change the address on your registration
Hunting & Fishing License
The Tax Collector is an agent of the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission and the Division of Marine Fisheries for the sale of hunting licenses, freshwater and saltwater fishing licenses, vessel fishing licenses, game management permits, lifetime, and 5-year licenses. All annual privileges expire 12 months from the privilege start date.
You can obtain licenses by visiting any of the Tax Collector’s offices or a license may be purchased from Wal-Mart, K-Mart, various sporting goods outlets or bait and tackle shops.
A lost or destroyed license may be replaced for $2.00 per privilege with the exception of the Resident Lifetime license. The replacement cost of this license is $10.00.
To make property tax payments.
Title - Florida or Out-of-State
- Obtain a duplicate or replacement Florida title
- Title a vehicle, vessel or mobile home in Florida,
- Transferring an existing Florida title from a private sale
- Transferring an out-of-state title to Florida from a private sale; or if you’ve moved to Florida from out-of-State and are titling or registering a vehicle for the first time in Florida.
- Print an electronic title
Vehicle for Hire - Taxi or Limo
Renew or obtain original Public Vehicle Driver Licenses (PVDL)
Renew or obtain original Certificates and Vehicle Permits for Limousines, Public Transportation Vans, and Handicabs.
The Tax Collector’s Office does not issue permits or certificates for Ambulatory Services. Customers inquiring about Advance Life Services (ALS) and Basic Life Services (BLS) should contact the Hillsborough County Emergency Medical Planning Council (813) 307-3665. The Florida Department of Health’s website is another resource to find more information.