Driver License Services

Name Change

If you have legally changed your name by marriage or court order, you must submit the original or a certified copy of your marriage certificate(s) or court order(s). No photocopies will be accepted unless certified by the issuing authority. You must show documentation of all name changes. If you are a non-U.S. citizen, additional documentation is needed, visit Gather Go Get for more information regarding Non-Citizen Documents.

In addition to the information you must provide to change your name, be advised that you will also need to provide primary identification documentation. Out-of-state driver licenses will no longer be accepted as primary identification.

Proof of social security number is one of the required documents needed to obtain or renew your driver license or identification card. The name assigned to the social security number must match the name that appears on the Florida driver license or identification card.  If you have recently changed your name, update your records with the Social Security Administration at least 24-48 hours BEFORE visiting our office for a name change on your driver license.

To change information on a driver license or ID card, you must apply for a replacement, also known as a duplicate. Fees will apply.