All HCTC offices will be CLOSED on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Downtown office will remain closed at this time. All other offices are open by appointment only. Click here for all office updates.
The Plant City office will CLOSE on December 3rd and will re-open in a new location at the end of December.
In accordance with city and county ordinances, customers are required to wear masks (face coverings) when doing business with our office.
Title & Tag Services
Dealerships, Titles Services and Financial Institutions
General Requirements are as follows:
- All Florida driver license or identification numbers that cannot be verified in FRVIS will be returned for a copy of the identification used to verify the applicant’s identity.
- All title work submitted without a Florida driver license or identification number must be accompanied by a copy of the identification used to verify the applicant’s identity per DHSMV TL-01.
- A copy of the identification used to verify the applicant’s identity must be clear and legible or the transaction will be returned.
- If you are a courier / title service, you must provide a current copy of your Hillsborough County Business Tax Receipt each year.
- If the dealer’s license is revoked, cancelled or suspended, or if an unredeemed dishonored check is outstanding, transactions cannot be processed without prior arrangements and appropriate authorization.
- Letters of Authorization should be addressed to Hillsborough County Tax Collector, submitted on letterhead (dated and signed) at least once a year upon dealer license renewal or business tax renewal. These letters indicate an agent(s) and the authority to act for the dealership (fast title authorization, etc.) and should be updated anytime your designee(s) change.
- Affidavits submitted for corrections involving dealer error must be on dealership letterhead. (Letterhead consists of Dealership/company name, address and phone/fax number or other contact information. Affidavits should include the date and name and title of the signer.)
Identification Requirements for Dealer Title Work
- A valid driver license or identification card issued by any state within the U.S. or U.S. Territory
- A valid Canadian driver license or identification card
- A valid passport or passport card issued by any country
- Copies of governmentally filed FEID documents
- Fictitious name documents
- Incorporation documents
- Certificate of Status from the Department of State