About Your Tax Collector
Nancy C. Millan
Nancy C. Millan was elected in November 2020 and is the first female and person of Hispanic descent in Hillsborough County’s history to serve as Tax Collector. Since taking office in January 2021, Nancy hit the ground running and made improving customer service, accessibility, innovation, and office culture her main priorities.
Before being elected Hillsborough County Tax Collector, Nancy was a 30-year veteran of the Tax Collector’s Office – working in various capacities throughout her tenure, from Accounting Clerk to the Director of Community Relations. In her role as Tax Collector, Millan leads a team of 385 employees in nine locations. Her office serves approximately 1.5 million county residents delivering several state and local government services including but not limited to driver license issuance, title and registration processing, and property and business tax collection.
Under Nancy’s leadership, the Tax Collector’s office received a customer satisfaction rating of 96% in 2022 and received the 2022 Top Workplaces National Culture Excellence Awards for Woman-Led Business and Diversity Equity & Inclusion Practices. The office also received the Excellence in Financial Operations Award and a Certificate of Merit from the Florida Tax Collectors Association in 2022.
Nancy is actively involved in the Florida Tax Collector Association and was recently elected as a District Director for the association. She was also appointed as a statewide liaison to the Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles and serves as the liaison to the association’s Public Information Coalition, a coalition she helped form in 2006.
Nancy proudly gives back to Hillsborough County and has served on several community boards throughout her career, including the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Hispanic Advisory Council and the Girl Scouts of West Central Florida. She has been a member of the board of the Florida West Coast Credit Union since 2006 and served as board chair from 2019 to 2022. Most recently in 2022, Nancy was appointed as a member of the Visit Tampa Bay Advisory Board.
Nancy has been recognized for her impact on the community for many years. In 2001, she was named Hillsborough County’s Hispanic Woman of the Year, and in 2021, she was recognized by the City of Tampa’s Hispanic Heritage Committee for her service to the community in the field of Public Service/Government. In 2022, Nancy was awarded the Cultural Ambassador Award from the Refugee and Migrant Women’s Initiative (RAMWI) for her outreach work. Also in 2022, Nancy was honored to be inducted as an Honorary Commander of the 927th Air Refueling Wing at MacDill Air Force Base and was recognized by Florida’s former CFO, Alex Sink, with the “Changemaker Award.”
Outside of the important work Nancy does as Tax Collector, she is a Hillsborough County native and is the proud mother of her son, Vinny.
Awards & Accolades
- Received the Top Workplaces National Culture Excellence Awards for Woman-Led Business and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Practices, 2022
- Nominated and elected District Director for the Florida Tax Collector’s Association, 2022
- Awarded the Cultural Ambassador Award from the Refugee and Migrant Women’s Initiative (RAMWI), 2022
- Appointed to the Visit Tampa Bay Advisory Board, 2022
- Inducted as an Honorary Commander at MacDill Air Force Base, 2022
- Received the “Changemaker Award” by Florida’s former Chief Financial Officer, Alex Sink, 2022
- Recognized by the City of Tampa’s Hispanic Heritage Committee for her service in the field of Public Service/Government, 2021
- Elected Hillsborough County Tax Collector, 2020
- Florida West Coast Credit Union board member since 2006, chair from 2019 – 2022
- Named Hillsborough County’s Hispanic Women of the Year, 2001