Important Alert: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers plate is being redesigned with a fresh new look! As a result, no new plates are being manufactured until the new design is ready. Therefore, our inventory of the current plate design is very low and is reserved for replacement plates – no new plates are being sold at this time. As soon as we get the newly redesigned plate in stock, we will be sure to advertise on our website and social media. We apologize for any inconvenience. Stay tuned for updates. Go Bucs!
About Your Tax Collector
Nancy C. Millan
Nancy C. Millan was elected in November 2020 and is the first female and person of Hispanic descent in Hillsborough County’s history to serve as Tax Collector. Since taking office in January 2021, Nancy hit the ground running and made improving customer service, accessibility, innovation, and office culture her main priorities.
Before being elected Hillsborough County Tax Collector, Nancy was a 30-year veteran of the Tax Collector’s Office – working in various capacities throughout her tenure, from Accounting Clerk to the Director of Community Relations. In her role as Tax Collector, Millan leads a team of 402 employees in nine locations. Her office serves approximately 1.5 million county residents delivering several state and local government services including but not limited to driver license issuance, title and registration processing, and property and business tax collection.
The Florida Tax Collector Association recently elected Millan as the Secretary of their Executive Committee for the association and previously appointed her as a statewide liaison to the Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles. Prior to being elected as Secretary Millan was a District Director for Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, and Sumter County. She also serves as the liaison to the association’s Public Information Coalition, a coalition she helped form in 2006.
Nancy believes in giving back to her community and is very proud of her heritage and culture. In 2001, she was named as Hillsborough County’s Hispanic Women of the Year. In 2021, Nancy was recognized by City of Tampa’s Hispanic Heritage Committee for her service to the community in the field of Public Service/Government. In 2022, she was awarded the Cultural Ambassador Award from the Refugee and Migrant Women’s Initiative (RAMWI) for her work on Tax Collector’s new resident education initiative. In 2023, Nancy received two awards the Excellence In Leadership Award from the Tampa Bay Latin Chamber for being an exceptional individual who serves as a role model and exemplary leader within our community, and the Latin Times Media and Magazine Latino Líderes Award for being a strong leader in our community and paying the way for tomorrow’s young Latinos.
Millan has served on several community boards throughout her career, including the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Hispanic Advisory Council and the Girl Scouts of West Central Florida. She has been a member of the board of the Florida West Coast Credit Union since 2006, serving as board chair from 2019 to 2022.
Most recently, in 2022, Nancy was honored to be inducted into the Honorary Commander Program at MacDill Air Force Base and was appointed as a member of the Visit Tampa Bay Advisory Board as well as the Tampa Bay Wave’s LatinTech 2023 Advisory Council. She also led the Tax Collector’s office to receive the Top Workplaces National Culture Excellence Awards for Woman-Led Business and Diversity Equity & Inclusion Practices for both 2022 and 2023
Nancy is a Hillsborough County native. She is the proud mother of her son, Vinny, a United States Marine serving overseas, and her pup, Loli.
Contact Tax Collector Nancy Millan
Awards & Accolades
- Appointed to The Department of Revenue’s Certified Florida Collector Admissions and Certifications Committee, 2024
- Received two awards the Excellence In Leadership Award from the Tampa Bay Latin Chamber, 2023
- Received the Latin Times Media and Magazine Latino Líderes Award, 2023
- Elected Secretary of the Florida Tax Collector Association Executive Committee, 2023
- Received the Top Workplaces National Culture Excellence Awards for Woman-Led Business and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Practices, 2022
- Nominated and elected District Director for the Florida Tax Collector’s Association, 2022
- Awarded the Cultural Ambassador Award from the Refugee and Migrant Women’s Initiative (RAMWI), 2022
- Appointed to the Visit Tampa Bay Advisory Board, 2022
- Inducted as an Honorary Commander at MacDill Air Force Base, 2022
- Received the “Changemaker Award” by Florida’s former Chief Financial Officer, Alex Sink, 2022
- Recognized by the City of Tampa’s Hispanic Heritage Committee for her service in the field of Public Service/Government, 2021
- Elected Hillsborough County Tax Collector, 2020
- Florida West Coast Credit Union board member since 2006, chair from 2019 – 2022
- Named Hillsborough County’s Hispanic Women of the Year, 2001