All HCTC offices EXCEPT Downtown are now open by appointment only. The Downtown office will remain closed at this time. Click here for more information.
In accordance with city and county ordinances, customers are required to wear masks (face coverings) when doing business with our office.
We have a new protocol for remote road testing. Learn more here.
All offices will be closed on Friday, July 3rd in observance of the Independence Day holiday. We will re-open by appointment only on Monday, July 6th.
Vehicle Safety Inspection Requirements
Your vehicle must meet the minimum safety requirements.
Your driving test begins with a vehicle safety check. This pre–drive inspection demonstrates that you are familiar with your vehicle and that your vehicle meets the DMV’s minimum safety requirements. You will be asked to identify and/or demonstrate parts of the vehicle commonly used in driving. If your vehicle does not meet the minimum safety requirements, your driving test will be rescheduled.
VEHICLE INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS:
- Horn must be heard from 200 ft
- Must have rearview mirror (inside or outside)
- Directional signals or knowledge of hand signals (if directional signals are not working)
- Two (2) Brake lights must work
- Doors must open from inside & outside
- Driver & passenger windows must work
- Car must be clean (We reserve the right not to administer a driving test)
- Emergency brake must work
- Tires must be in good condition (Cannot be worn)
- Windshield wipers must work. If raining some vehicles do not meet the requirements (Refer to Florida Drivers Handbook)
- Glass must have clear view to front, sides and rear
The items listed above are not inclusive; please refer to the official Florida Drivers Handbook for additional information