Florida Birth Certificates
Certified Copy of a Florida Birth Certificate
Our office issues certified copies of FL Birth Certificates.
As a partner of the Florida Department of Health’s Bureau of Vital Statistics, Florida-born citizens, you are now able to get a certified copy of their birth certificate at our Brandon, Downtown, Drew Park, North Tampa, Plant City and Southshore offices.
This partnership will help make the process much easier since a birth certificate is one of the items needed in obtaining a driver license or identification card.
Follow these steps to get your Florida Birth Certificate.
Step 1: Provide a Picture ID.
You must provide valid and current picture identification to apply for a Florida birth certificate. If you are a parent requesting a copy of your child’s Florida birth certificate, you must bring your valid and current picture ID. Acceptable forms of picture ID include the following:
- Driver License, or
- State Identification Card, or
- Passport, or
- Military Identification Card.
Step 2: Determine Eligibility.
Determine your eligibility (relationship) to receive a Florida birth certificate. You must meet one (1) of the following criteria:
- Be the child named on the Florida birth certificate AND 18 years of age or older, or
- Be the parent of the person named on the Florida birth certificate.
Step 3: Provide Certificate Holder Information.
Be prepared to provide information about the person named on the Florida birth certificate:
- Full name of the person at birth and any subsequent legal name changes,
- Date of birth,
- City or county of birth,
- Mother’s full name including her maiden surname, and
- Father’s full name (if his name is on the record)
Step 4: Provide Applicant Information.
Be prepared to provide information about the person obtaining the Florida birth certificate:
- Full name,
- Relationship to the person named on the certificate (father, mother, self, etc.),
- Mailing address (include city, state and zip code), and
- Daytime phone number.
Step 5: Complete Application for Florida Birth Record.
Save time and complete the application for Birth Record prior to visiting one of our offices.
Reminder: If the applicant is self or parent, then the applicant must complete this application and provide valid photo identification. If the applicant is not one of the above, the application AND an Affidavit to Release a Birth Certificate must be completed by an authorized person such as a legal guardian or legal representative and submitted to the to the Department of Vital Records.
Acceptable forms of identification are the following: Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Passport, and/or Military Identification Card.
Step 6: Pay applicable fees.
Fees to obtain a certified FL birth certificate are as follows:
Checks, cash, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover are acceptable forms of payment. Reminder: Current and valid photo ID is required. Acceptable forms of ID are Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Passport and/or Military Identification Card.Please note that there is a 2.35% convenience fee charged by our third-party payment processor, Grant Street Group, for all credit card payments.
- $20.25 – Certified FL Birth Certificate ($14.00 Florida Department of Health Birth Certificate Fee + $6.25 Hillsborough County Tax Collector Administrative Fee)
- $9.00 – Fee for each additional certificate
Florida birth certificates may still be obtained through the Bureau of Vital Statistics and the Hillsborough County Health Department. For more information, click here to visit their website.