We are currently experiencing extremely high call volume to our Contact Center. Please contact us online by clicking here.
The Downtown office will remain closed at this time. All other offices are open by appointment only. Click here for all office updates.
In accordance with city and county ordinances, customers are required to wear masks (face coverings) when doing business with our office.
- You must have a business located in the county in order to use BTExpress.
- An Email address is required for the application process.
- You will need to know information about the business to answer the questions in the application. BTExpress will ask for information such as the Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) associated with the Business tax receipt.
- You cannot save your application in BTExpress and return to it later. If you abandon your application before submitting it and your browser session expires before you return to the application, you will lose all the information entered and will have to start over.
- Be thorough when describing the type of business to avoid delays in processing or your application being rejected. We need to know what type of product or service you provide to your customers.
- Business location is required to have a physical address (a PO box is not an acceptable business location)
- Please do not submit duplicate requests on BTExpress
- If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our contact center at 813-635-5200 or email us here.
Once your application is submitted, confirm your request through the link sent to the applicant’s email. If you do not receive your confirmation email, check the junk/spam folder of the email account used.
A representative will review your application and send a new receipt via email along with instructions on how to proceed. Please allow 48 business hours to review the application once you complete the email confirmation.
Upon completion of all steps, a new business tax receipt can be printed online within one business day.