Offices are open by appointment only. Click here for all office updates.
Driving/Road test appointments are available to Hillsborough County residents only. Proof of residency will be required for driving/road test appointments.
In accordance with city and county ordinances, customers are required to wear masks (face coverings) when doing business with our office.
Title & Tag Services
Registering your vehicle
If you have purchased a vehicle or recently moved to Florida from another state, you will be required to register the vehicle.
To transfer ownership of a motor vehicle or mobile home titled in Florida, you must bring the following to any Tax Collector’s office:
- The Florida title properly and fully completed by both the buyer and seller. This includes the buyer and seller’s signature and printed name, purchase price and odometer reading (if applicable). If recording a lien, the lienholders name, address and date of lien are required.
- Each applicant, or their appointed power of attorney, must be present to sign a new application for title. Bring personal identification in the form of a Driver License or Identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, a valid passport, or a Canadian driver license or identification card. If you are the appointed power of attorney, the original or certified copy of the original signed appointment must be presented at time of application.
- Applicant’s date of birth and Florida driver license number are recorded as part of the application.
- Sales tax is collected on the purchase price of a vehicle assigned to you.
- Proof of Florida property damage and PIP insurance to purchase a license plate. Company name, insurance identification code and policy number is required.
- If transferring a license plate or decal, submit the previous registration, license plate, or decal number.
For assistance in calculating fees, please contact us or call our office at (813) 635-5200.